Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goldfrapp @ Radio City Music Blah

So these were the first serious concert tickets I have bought in a while... but after the 50% off promotion, and realization that Martha Wainwright would have a 'special appearance'-- I went ahead and sprung the 40 bucks for orchestra seats, in hopes of dancing my ass off a little bit.


Now, where should we start? How about here: I missed Martha Wainwright (if she was even there-- I have been too lazy to investigate) probably while standing in line to get whiskey'd up. Then, felt obligated to SIT through most of Goldfrapp's performance because it seems people aren't particularly fond of dancing in the home of famous dancers. Finally and saddest of all, the sound kinda sucked. I do, however, have to say that barefooted Goldie looked hot in her curly locks & flock worthy dress. My lovely company even said she looked like a less energized version of me-- LOVE them!




Also loving the Kenneth Parcell-ness in the 'Happiness' video:


Strange twist/highlight of the night: Being abducted by advertising folks in a white limo and ushered to the Norwood to 'enjoy' $18 martinis & web designer douchebags. Apparently, even the website is super exclusive-- wtf!?

No comments: